TRAVEL ALONG WITH ME


Travel is one of my passions, but another is photography. Since my trips are only occasional, I have decided to add more of my photographic experiences to this blog.

Since you are obviously here, please enjoy.

BELOW ARE PAST ADVENTURES. CLICK A LINK TO SEE WHAT MY EYES HAVE CAPTURED.

All pictures are for your enjoyment, and are copyrighted. Please ask permission before downloading.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Flowers, Flowers, everywhere


Spring in Arizona - unbridled beauty - a plethora of color.

I travelled with a group of fellow photographers to Peridot Mesa on the Apache reservation near Globe Arizona, where we found a carpet of Mexican poppies, and the opportunity to crank up our creative juices to capture our vision of the scenery.  While there, atop the 3000 foot mesa, I received a phone call from my son who was flying to Duluth, MN on his way home after visiting here with our grandchildren, stating that the plane had to make an alternative landing site as a blizzard was preventing a landing there.  Being assured that all was well, the contrast between our locales increased my appreciation of where I was standing.









     

A Monet or a Mort?




On our way to returning home, we stopped at Boyce Arboretum in Superior to add more images to our days' portfolio.

Abandoned cabin




Hopefully in the next few weeks more varieties of flowers will carpet Arizona.

No comments: